I hate to admit this, but I’ve been neglecting my meditation practice lately, big time. I’ve allowed myself to become “too busy.” The result? Well, let’s just say that I haven’t been my usual joyful self. I gave myself an inner boost this morning, though, and it made such a difference that I felt inspired to share.
Here are just some of the benefits you might receive in a 20-minute meditation:
- Be reminded that your life is not about the outside world and all its complications.
- Experience a sense of privilege to have been given the opportunity to live.
- Feel closely connected with the energy behind all of life.
- Remember how you are really supposed to show up.
- Become refreshed with a deep sense of peace and joy
Would you agree that this list of benefits reads like a seminar you might pay hundreds of dollars for?
Meditation is free. Here’s a great wikiHow article to help you get started.
I’d love to hear your comments on what meditation has done for you.
Why should you know what it means to raise your vibration? Because the process of raising your vibration is all about aligning with the energy that will attract what you want in your life.
Here are some examples:
To experience abundance, act from a mindset of prosperity:
- Eliminate the idea of lack. Acknowledge that what lies between you and abundance is your ability to claim it for yourself.
- Recognize that opportunities to create more abundance are all around you. It’s just a matter of focusing on them and following through.
- Give generously, expecting that what you need will be provided.
To live meaningfully, follow your passions:
- Be driven by passion, not by money.
- Trust your heart over your analytical mind.
- Recognize that your unique gifts provide the clues to your purpose.
To achieve inner peace, be authentic:
- Express your inner self in your outer world.
- Connect with others from your heart.
- Seek to deliver what you’ve been born to do.
Tips for Raising Your Vibration
What Does it Really Mean to Raise Your Vibration?
The other day I sat in on a presentation about the basics of Feng Shui by my charismatic French friend, Sabine Lamoureux. In a very simple way, it changed the way I think about the environment that surrounds me every day. Sabine helped me to see that the energy that we allow to surround us is as influential as the vitamins that we feed our physical bodies. It fuels our moods and acts as a mirror for how we see ourselves. Without this awareness we can sabotage our greatest desires.
Tips for aligning your home with your vision:
- Eliminate clutter. It keeps you bogged down with the energy of your past. To make room in your life for new opportunities, you have to make space in your physical energy field.
- Get rid of what doesn’t feel good in your environment. It decreases your level of positive energy.
- Create an environment that expresses what you want to experience. This isn’t about buying things. It is about surrounding yourself with simple things that represent what you want to achieve, create or become.
Those of you who have followed me for awhile have probably noticed that I haven’t been writing much lately. I’ve recently launched a new personal development firm, Inner Architect, and I’m in the midst of writing a new book, Inner Architect: How to Build the Life You Were Designed to Live. The result is that I’ve missed sharing my voice, that inner spirit that I believe is within all of us.
I continue to be surprised at the popularity of my articles about raising your vibration. So I want to do more to service that topic, beginning today.
Raising your vibration is not about esoteric ideas that you can employ every other Saturday during meditation. It’s all about making little shifts in how you show up in ordinary life that transform the energy of what you put out into the universe.
Today’s tip for raising your vibration: Watch Your Language
My father, who I adore, spent his career as a longshoremen on the docks of San Francisco and Oakland, so I am very familiar with “colorful” language. My dad has mellowed over time, and now retired for over 10 years, I honestly can’t recall the last time I heard him swear. Words that used to shock and embarrass me are gone. What remains is an energy of peace and a willingness to share life experiences.
Without even knowing, my father has raised his vibration in a way that influences everyone he meets.