Don’t be afraid to let yourself be guided by the dreams and visions you have in your heart. These dreams represent your potential, who you truly are at your core. The fact that you have these dreams is evidence that they are attainable, even if they seem too good to be true.
What if something really does feel too good to be true?
Ask yourself one question. Is it too good to be true for anybody, or just too good to be true for you? This is an interesting question, isn’t it? Why should any idea be too good to be true? There is something about being human that leaves us wide open to questioning whether we are good enough. Why is it that we can muster up so much more worthiness for our family, friends, and neighbors than we can for ourselves? Just like we need to believe that we can reach something before we stretch our arms for it, we need to believe that we are entitled to something before we dare to begin to take the steps toward it.
Steps to conquer the fear of not being good enough:
- Look at yourself with compassion from the inside out and ask, what is really not good enough?”
- Look at your intention. Is it to do something that is good for you and your fellow man? Is so, ask what’s not to be good enough?
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Allow yourself to see that you bring your own unique gifts and experiences that make you different.
- Remind yourself that when you are being who you truly are, you are way more than good enough. You are in your right place. The process of getting from Point A to Point B may feel like it pushes your buttons of competency, yet that’s very different from your being good enough.
- Remember than absolutely nobody is perfect. Life itself is meant to be an experience that we learn and grow from.