Two years ago I made the decision that I was not going to live my life in machine mode any longer. First I stopped punching my corporate time clock in exchange for a piece of security. Then I started to make an effort to wake up each new day to the idea that I am so much more than just my body. I am a divine spirit whose soul has chosen to be here for a purpose. I try to tune in each morning to that essence so that I can give myself the chance to live that day from that perspective.
How many of us have allowed an alarm to usher us incoherently into the shower where our minds busy themselves visiting all the tasks ahead on our to do list? How often do you dart off to Starbucks or to that job that doesn’t really matter without even a thought about why you are really here? Why is it that seeing what’s happening around town this weekend is more often top of mind that what’s meaningful for the rest of your life?
I am convinced that it is all conditioning. Imagine how different our world would be if we all woke up to the understanding that there is a soul beneath the cells that make up our bodies. Imagine if we were all trained to start our mornings by touching our souls in the silence of our minds and hearts, and feeling the connection that we have to the divine creative energy that surrounds us. What if we were all to believe that there is personal guidance available to us within that divine energy? What if we each perceived that guidance as more credible than even Oprah, and used it as a directional light for the actions we take in our lives?
I believe that as humans we share the common desire of wanting to be happy. I also believe that we have that desire because that is the spirit in which we were created. Our lives are supposed to be happy. And we have already been given the wisdom and the where-with-all to be happy. We just need to learn how to use it. The thing is, though, that this is an inside job. And most of us have been trained to work in the outside world. That’s okay. You’ve been trained to take on new roles before, haven’t you? Here are some everyday tips for creating a happier life from my user’s manual:
- Tell yourself that you are a significant being on this planet.
- Recognize that you have been given unique skills and attributes for a purpose.
- Believe that the wisdom to lead you to your passion and purpose lies within you.
- Believe that you have the ability to access this wisdom. It’s just not something that other people can do.
- Make a daily habit of tuning in to this wisdom by giving yourself some silent time to go within.
- Absolutely trust what comes to you.
- Take notes on what comes to you. You will build confidence in this information by discovering that you are receiving common messages.
- Develop the trust to follow this inner wisdom. Have the faith that it will lead you to where your heart and soul want you to go.
- Trust that your soul has the where-with-all to attract the opportunities you need to follow your heart.
- Recognize the opportunities that come as confirmation that you will be taken care of.
- Express gratitude for the gifts in your life. Gratitude attracts more of the same.
Thanks for visiting. Before I sign off I want to mention that I have provided you with a link here to my email address. If there is any support you might want outside of the public comments box, I would love to be of service to you. So please feel free. I’m not doing this for the paycheck.
Wishing you an awesome journey.