If there is one thing that I’d like you to take away from this space here, it is that how you experience life is totally your choice. If you are completely content with the state of your life, I say more power to you. Yet if you feel a yearning to reach higher, to experience the fullest, most robust life you can, then I’m right here with some insights to support you.
A couple of posts ago I talked about the choice we have to live whatever life we choose. I discussed how you could choose to live big or small. Let it be known that I’m not here to judge. We’re all here as equals. It is totally your choice to live the kind of life you want. I just see that my job is to support those who want to live bigger. So to follow up on that post, here are some exercises you might find helpful in making the shift from small to bigger thinking:
- Create a morning ritual which reminds you of your choice to shine as brightly as you want. You are not bound to the standards of your family, friends or colleagues.
- Authentically act as if you are on your way to that bigger life. Putting yourself in that role is how you will become it.
- Use your alone time in the car to visualize the life you’d love to create. Don’t be afraid to dream big.
- Cut images out of magazines that represent what you want from your life and put them in noticeable places. Look at them with the expectation that you will manifest them for yourself.
- Adopt a dream buddy. Get together frequently for coffee or tea to share ideas and encourage one another.
- Identify someone who has created the kind of life you wish for yourself. Think of them as a model for your own success.
- Create a practice of expressing your gratitude for all the blessings in your life. Gratitude acts as a magnet for more of the same.