Today is my father’s 74th birthday. I recognize how blessed I am to be able to share it with him, and I don’t want to wait until he’s gone to reflect on what I’ve learned from him. In no particular order:
- Give help without being asked.
- Hard work really does pay off.
- It is possible to create a new life in foreign land.
- You don’t have to hold a college degree to be intelligent and educated.
- Love is expressed by what you do, not what you say.
- Having someone you can count on is one of the greatest gifts in life.
- What’s inside is more important than what it looks like on the outside.
- A strong commitment will keep you going when the road gets rough.
- Don’t ever assume you know how a person will respond.
- Don’t take your blessings for granted. Life can change in an instant.
8 thoughts on “10 Life Lessons from My Dad on His 74th Birthday”
Wise words indeed. We would be so much better if we just listened to our tribal elders!
I love your list. My favorite is number 5 – “Love is expressed by what you do, not what you say.”
I think a lot of people could learn something from that one.
I agree with Chet…we should listen much more to our wise elders.
Thanks for your comments Chet, G, and Burch. I appreciate how you’ve participated in honoring my dad.
Pingback: Reflecting on Life’s Key People | ReceiveHealing.com
Thanks for sharing those wisdom that you learned from your father. May God bless your father. 🙂
Thank you for your blessing!
It is possible to create a new life in foreign land.
i really accept it . my father is great he show me to create new life in foreign land