I delivered the pdf file for my upcoming book, Inner Architect: How to Build the Life You Were Designed to Live, to the printer this past Thursday. On Friday afternoon something incredible hit me. I am in the process of bringing life to my dream! Holy cow. Why did it take me so long to see clearly what is right in front of me? What was I thinking to expect that one single event would bring my dream to life? It really is all about baby steps.
Three years ago this month, I walked away from a successful 20-year career in the corporate world to follow a dream. It hasn’t been an easy journey, that’s for sure, and I’ve got a ways to go. But I can see now that I am on my way.
Your way to your dream can be found in these steps:
- Recognize that you have the choice to create a different life.
- Believe that it is possible to successfully build your dream.
- Define the obstacles that are holding you back.
- Replace your obstacles with ideas that support you.
- Give credibility to the desires of your heart and learn to trust it.
- Outline your training and development needs.
- Crystallize your vision.
- Identify your major goals.
- Define the steps necessary to achieve your goals.
- Stay committed to doing the necessary work.
- Support your external work with thoughts that help to build it.
- See yourself now in the beginning stages of your new life.